計劃簡介 Project Profile
公眾參與 Public Participation
"Public Participation" means individulals and organizations from different background can participate in and reach a concensus on various stages of city development process including issue proposition, research, discussion, suggestion and policy making, execution, management, and supervision. In the past, the process of city development was dominated by policy-making institutes or professionals with the general public found difficult to participate in. The inadequacy of communication and cooperation between policy makers and the community in the process of city development could result in a great deal of discord, resources mismatch, and even social disunion. Examples of low usage rate of public facilities and re-launch of infrastructure development projects have showed us how importance of "Public Partcipation" for a sustainable social development.
Indeed, "Public Participation" can demonstrate the balanced development of three elements of the Sustainable Development: Environment, Economy, and Society. With a fair and open platform, different stakeholders can exchange their views with each other, study the issues' environmental, economics, and social impacts thoroughly, and thus reach a concensus and develop a sustainable community. We hope the implementation of this project could raise the public awareness on "Public Participation" and bring the city development process into harmony.
計劃目標 Project Objectives
「公眾參與可持續城市發展：從社區出發」計劃，由可持續發展基金資助，優環長學建築設計研究中心 CARE 及香港中文大學建築學系社區參與研究組統籌及執行，為期十八個月。
"Public Participation in the Sustainable City Development: Starting from the Community" is a 18-month project which is funded by Sustainable Development Fund, and jointly conducted by CARE and Community Participation Unit, School of Architecture, CUHK.
City development, by its nature, embraces the three elements of sustainable development: Social Harmony, Economic Development, and Environmental Protection. The project aims to make use of “Public Participation” approach for the participating teams to cooperate with various stakeholders in the community to explore city development issues in a local extent, and jointly develop sustainable communities.
1. To promote the use of public participatory approach in the process of sustainable community planning and city development
2. To explore the needs of stakeholders in the community through public participatory approach
3. To provide sustainable city development proposals to the Government
4. To raise the public awareness on the essential elements affecting the sustainability of our built environment
計劃詳情 Project Details
The project is comprised of three stages. In stage 1, the organizer will share the concept of “Public Participation” and practical experiences with all participants by providing a series of training courses and sharing sessions. In stage 2, the participating teams will select a topic for their communities in which they are most concerned, initiating innovative “Public Participation” programme which can act as a platform for various groups of stakeholders to exchange ideas and jointly work on the design of a sustainable community. In the final stage, participating teams are required to submit their sustainable community enhancement proposal / report to the concerned government departments and organizations for follow-up action.
- Briefing Session and Kick-off Ceremony
- "Public Participation" Training Programme
- Seminar & Sharing Sessions
- "Public Participation" Programme
- Report and Dissemination
參加對象 Target Participants
Community organizations, academic units and professional groups
- 以組織或團體名義參加，最少 6 人一隊 (如隊員人數不足可酌情處理)
- Participating team should form in group or organization with at least six team members. (Teams with less than six persons may be acceptable subject to the approval of the organizer.)
- The project should comply with the theme of designing “Sustainable City Development” by adopting “Public Participatory” approach with the approval of the organizer.
- Participating teams are required to attend all project-related activities.
- Each participating team will be subsidized with a maximum amount of HK$5,000 for implementing their project.